Tuesday, May 1, 2007

facebook, myspace, ryze, linkedin, oh my...

God, I think we need some kind of uber social networking meta-site where we can collapse all of our profiles into one place.

The only place I really filled out a full profile was at Ryze, and I hardly ever use that any more. I set up a MySpace page, but I just kept getting spam friend requests from people selling either stuff or themselves. I have a LinkedIn profile, which I used for a bit for my business connections, but thats also gotten a bit dusty. Funny how you can tell when people are looking for work or are about to start looking for work, they all seem to update their Linked In profiles. Maybe Linked In should sell a service to employers - if an employee is updating their profile, alert their HR that this person might not be too happy in their job. Now I have a Facebook profile, based on the prodding of some of my listeners.

Mebbe I should stick to one and just go with it. I'd love to see some uber service come about which just aggregates 'em all. Even better, it would be smart if one of the leading services, like Facebook, just figured out some way to gather the others' profile data. Are you listening, Mark?

No comments: